Ladies and Gentleman, did you all know that the NFL Draft is around the corner? (I know, we’re pretty quick with our scoops). I thought it would be a good idea with 30 days until the big day that I give you my very first (and therefore guaranteed to happen) NFL top 5 Draft results (not mock, because like I said…always right).
Seeing as we’re 30 days away I don’t want to go overboard hence the NFL Draft top 5. First up is the top 5 predictions from SBD’s Sascha P followed by my own predictions. See if I agree with his picks or not.
NFL DRAFT PREDICTIONS
1) Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma (to the Cardinals): In the new, offensively-dominated NFL, Murray’s upside is going to be too tempting for Kliff Kingsbury and the Cardinals to pass on at #1. Unless they really can’t get anything in return for Josh Rosen, expect them to deal last year’s first-round pick and start anew with the undersized passer.
2) Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State (to the 49ers): Nick Bosa is the most sure-fire prospect in this class at the second-most important position on the field. Even though the 49ers already signed Dee Ford, expect them to jump on Bosa, who was almost a lock to go 1st overall until Murray-fever infected the entire NFL world. The Niners ranked 27th in pass rushing by ProFootballFocus last year.
3) Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky (to the Jets): The Jets need pass rushers and will be praying Bosa falls to three. If he doesn’t, Allen is a nice consolation prize. Incredibly productive at UK (17 sacks, 21.5 TFL), he has the elite physical traits to contribute from Week 1 and will only get more effective as he develops his pass-rush moves.
4) Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama (to the Raiders): If the Raiders don’t move up to draft Murray, it’s more likely they go defensive line than the next-best QB (OSU’s Dwayne Haskins). Williams is part of the new breed of interior lineman who can dominate against the run and provide pressure up the middle. Oakland’s leaky defense, which ranked dead-last in adjusted sack rate, desperately needs his help.
5) Devin White, ILB, LSU (to the Buccaneers): Tampa is almost guaranteed to go defense in round one since the OL prospects aren’t great. White would be an instant replacement (and likely an upgrade) for outgoing Kwon Alexander. His strong combine consolidated his status as a top-ten pick and the Bucs’ position at #5 gives the lightning-quick, 237-pound junior top-five potential.
I have to admit, there’s an awful lot of consistency between the SBD predictions and my own NFL Draft predictions.
1) Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma (to the Cardinals): I think we’ve all got to accept that the Cardinals are doing a Browns here. If Kingsbury crashes and burns in 2019 does that mean they move on to another coach and potentially another QB in the 2020 NFL draft? I’m a huge Kyler Murray fan as you can read here but I’m not sold on this being the right move.
2) Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State (to the 49ers): Once again I find myself in agreement with SBD. You don’t pass up on Bosa in the exact same way Denver couldn’t pass up on Bradley Chubb. He’s going to light this league up and go onto greater successes than his brother.
3) Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky (to the Jets): At first I wasn’t sure on this one because the Jets could do with some help on the offensive line but realistically Jonah Williams isn’t a number 3 pick, so unless a trade back is on the cards I can only see one other move and that’s Allen to New York.
4) Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama (to the Raiders): Looking like a mini Aaron Donald some could argue the case for Williams going number 1 overall. I’m not one of these people but I imagine Gruden will be and thus he won’t be able to resist Williams being on the board at 4.
5) Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State (to the Buccaneers): Here’s my first and only difference in the predictions between myself and SBD. I see this being the biggest shock of the draft. The Bucs have silently been wanting to move on from Jameis Winston and they’ll have a good chance to do so with the number 5 pick.
I’m expecting every comment, tweet and DM to be full of people telling me they all agree, I mean why else wouldn’t you?
Keep an eye out on what is the first of many NFL Draft articles firing out of here over the next few weeks.