Today’s Quarantine Quiz will revolve around the sport of football. It will be a little bit of a pick and mix of questions, so be prepared. Obviously things are tough for us all, and look like they’ll only get tougher in the coming weeks and months – hopefully these quizzes can help ease some of the boredom, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
Please, stay safe and stay at home.
Rules of the Quarantine Quiz
There will be 20 questions at least, written one after the other in a list form. There will be no multiple choice questions, meaning you will have to rack your brain a little bit more.
The answers will be listed out below the questions with each question number corresponding to the answer. Good luck.
- In which year did the Premier League begin?
- Who currently holds the record for most consecutive games with a goal?
- Who currently holds the record for the quickest ever Premier League hat-trick?
- Which player scored four goals in 12 minutes after coming on as a sub against Nottingham Forest in 1999?
- Who was voted as the “Player of the Century” in 1999?
- Who are the only team to receive a golden version of the Premier League trophy?
- Following on from the above question, why did they get a golden trophy?
- Who scored the first ever goal in the Premier League?
- Who plays their football at the Estadio Da Luz?
- Who is the oldest World Cup winning captain, lifting the trophy at 40?
- Who were the joint second top scorers at the 2018 FIFA World Cup behind Harry Kane?
- Who plays their football at the Turk Telekom Stadium?
- How much did Manchester United pay to Sporting Lisbon for Cristiano Ronaldo?
- What is the name of the second division in German football?
- What do we call the derby games played between the two Glasgow teams?
- In which country would you find the clubs Anderlecht and Genk?
- Who were Liverpool’s kit sponsor when they won the Champions League at Istanbul in 2005
- Patrick Vieira is a legend for France, but which country was he actually born in?
- Why are Charlton Athletic known as the ‘Addicks?’
- What are the club colours of the German football team Hertha Berlin?
- Jamie Vardy (11)
- Sadio Mane
- Ole Gunnar Solksjaer
- Johann Cruyff
- They were unbeaten.
- Brian Deane
- Dino Zoff (Italy, 1982)
- Antoine Griezmann and Romelu Lukaku
- Bundesliga 2
- The Old Firm
- After a local chip shop owner who would supply players with post-match meals
- Blue and white