Today’s Quarantine Quiz will revolve around Newcastle United and their time in the Premier League. Obviously things are tough for us all, and look like they’ll only get tougher in the coming weeks and months – hopefully these quizzes can help ease some of the boredom, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
Please, stay safe and stay at home.
Rules of the Quarantine Quiz
There will be 20 questions at least, written one after the other in a list form. There will be no multiple choice questions, meaning you will have to rack your brain a little bit more.
The answers will be listed out in a list below the list of questions with each question number corresponding to the answer. Good luck.
- Who took over at Newcastle United in 2006 following the sacking of Graham Souness?
- In the 1995/96 season, Newcastle blew a massive lead at the top of the league allowing Manchester United to catch them and win the title. How many points was it?
- Since Alan Shearer retired, who has the most Premier League goals for the club?
- How many games, to the nearest ten, did Sir Bobby Robson manage the Magpies?
- What was the score the last time Newcastle United beat their local rivals Sunderland?
- Furthermore, what stadium and what season were they in the last time Newcastle beat Sunderland?
- Who scored the first goal in the famous 5-0 rout over Manchester United back in 1996?
- Who scored the last goal in the famous 5-0 win over Manchester United back in 1996?
- Which manager has taken charge of the most Newcastle games in the Premier League era?
- In the 2011/12 season, Newcastle attained their best finishing position in a number of years in the Premier League, where did they finish?
- Who wore the number nine shirt at United in the wake of Alan Shearer’s retirement?
- In the 2000/01 season, two players were joint high scorers for United in the Premier League – who were they?
- Who was Newcastle’s record transfer in the Premier League era before the world record arrival of Alan Shearer in 1996?
- Who scored the FIRST United goal in the miraculous 4-4 draw with Arsenal back in 2011?
- Who did Jonas Gutierrez score against in his final game for Newcastle, ultimately keeping the club in the Premier League?
- Newcastle currently hold the record for the most away draws in a Premier League season. Which season was it and how many games did they draw?
- Which player has the most appearances for United in the Premier League?
- Who is the oldest player to represent Newcastle in a Premier League football match?
- What was the score and who was the opponent in Newcastle’s biggest ever Premier League win?
- Who is the youngest player to represent Newcastle in a Premier League football match?
- Glenn Roeder
- Papiss Cisse
- 2011/12, Stadium of Light
- Darren Peacock
- Phillipe Albert
- Sir Bobby Robson
- Obafemi Martins
- Carl Cort and Nolberto Solano
- Les Ferdinand (£8.55m)
- Joey Barton
- West Ham United
- 2002/03, 10
- Shay Given
- Pavel Srnicek (38 years, 290 days) (God rest his soul)
- 8-0 vs Sheffield Wednesday
- Kazenga Lua-Lua (16 years, 40 days)